1. Any meeting held in the library must be for purposes consistent with the general objectives and goals of the library. These include the communication of ideas, promotion of an enlightened citizenry, enrichment of personal life and the general support of educational, cultural and civic activities of the community.
2. The fact that a group is permitted to meet in the public library does not constitute an endorsement by the library of the event or the beliefs of its sponsors.
3. The rooms may not be used for sectarian or denominational religious services by any group on a continuous basis.
4. The rooms may be used by commercial groups but not for commercial purposes.
5. Groups using the rooms
may not charge an admission fee.
6. Meeting rooms are assigned in order of receipt of application. However, Library or Friends of the Library sponsored programs or activities have priority for the use of a room in the event of a schedule conflict.
7. Refreshments may be served. No smoking or alcoholic beverages are allowed on the premises.
8. Groups reserving a room will be responsible for setting up the room, cleaning the room, and leaving chairs in the original order.
9. Groups wishing to use library AV equipment for their meeting must reserve it at the time of scheduling the meeting. Practice sessions for performances in the auditorium must be scheduled in advance by calling the library branch.
10. Any damage occurring to library property and/or equipment during a group's use of a room will be the responsibility of the person who reserved the room for that group.
11. A group may not store non-library items in the meeting rooms or kitchens without prior arrangements.
12. Meetings may not disrupt the use of the library by others, and persons attending a meeting are subject to all library regulations and policies. The library may deny or terminate the use of the facilities by any group which is disorderly or in violation of these regulations.
13. A person representing the organization/group must come by the library branch and sign an application form before the meeting is held.